WELDER | 1ST SHIFT
Full time | Welding
1 week ago
Lays out, fits, tack welds and welds cast, machined, forged, and fabricated steel components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, tanks, and parts according to blueprints and specifications with the aid of jigs and fixtures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Selects equipment, jigs and fixtures, plans layout and welding according to blueprints, process sheets and welding procedure specifications.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps, tack welds parts to secure in position for welding according to blueprints, process sheets, and welding procedure specifications.
- Follows Weiler weld standards welds all jobs in any welding position according to blueprints, process sheets and welding procedure specifications using gas metal arc welding, both conventional and pulsed.
- Sets and operates a cutting torch safely and efficiently.
- Finishes grinding applications using manual and power tools.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping and/or re-welding.
- Certificate from college or technical school; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to two years related experience and/or training.
- Successful completion of an internal weld test.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.