QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR
FULL TIME | 1ST SHIFT | Machine Shop
1 week ago
Organizes and performs an audit function to ensure the conformance to blueprint specifications on weldments, assemblies and piece parts. Documents non-conformances and assists in determining root cause analysis to eliminate issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the accuracy of components by performing incoming, in-process, and/or final inspection of parts before they move on to the next process.
- Create and maintain inspection documentation.
- Interpret engineering drawings, diagrams, and specifications.
- Confer with management and/or engineering to determine if parts meet quality and reliability standards.
- Document nonconformance and assists with corrective action plan.
- Submit inventory adjustment notices to production control.
- Ensure that scrap product is identified and removed from the machine area/production line.
- Communicate issues back to manufacturing. If a pattern of failures exists help develop plan to eliminate issues.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Coursework related to machining preferred
- 5 years’ related experience in a heavy equipment manufacturing environment
- CAD experience preferred
- Blue print reading
- Working knowledge of GD&T principles
- Excellent communications and documentation skill.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.