MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - AUTOMATION
FULL TIME | Plant
1 month ago
The primary function of this position is to provide hands-on engineering expertise and leadership for automation controls, robot programming, and robotic welding. This includes selection, installation and modification of robotic equipment, fixture design, developing and implementing continuous improvement initiatives and keeping equipment running efficiently to produce quality parts in a safe manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate the efficient operation of robotic welding equipment to manufacture quality parts.
- Program robotic equipment, including robotic welders and AGVs (automated guided vehicles).
- Support the purchase, installation, and upkeep of robotic equipment.
- Robotic welding fixture design and maintenance.
- Establish preventive maintenance and machine care program for robots.
- Accurately troubleshoot all equipment and tooling in the robotic welding and AGV areas.
- Lead/train operators in best practices in areas of equipment usage and interpreting documentation (blueprints, sketches, diagrams).
- Lead/train operators in safe and efficient operation of all equipment located in the robotic welding and AGV areas.
- Work in a safe manner at all times, following all safety guidelines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- 3-5 years’ related experience with 3D modeling software (preferably SolidWorks)
- 3-5 years’ related experience with PLC Programming
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Industrial Engineering degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both over the phone and in person. Ability to read, write and comprehend documents and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to internal and external individuals and groups. Ability to display active listening skills and ask appropriate questions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- MS Office
- Electrical controls and programming for robotic equipment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.