MACHINING TECH | Weekend Shift (Three 12’s, Fri-Sun)
FULL TIME | Machine Shop
3 weeks ago
The weekend shift is expected to work 36 hours and will be paid for 40 hours.
Sets up and operates various machines, primarily computer numerically controlled (CNC). Equipment may include, but is not limited to, CNC Press Brakes, CNC Machining Center, CNC Rollers, CNC lathes, plate cut, manual lathes, and manual drills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads and interprets blueprints and work orders for specification such as dimensions and tolerances, tooling instructions, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cuts, and cutting tools.
- Builds tooling and work holding devices to complete tasks.
- Performs setup processes per documented instructions and adjusts machine settings to provide the best quality part with the greatest efficiency.
- Reads and understands measuring tools such as angle and degree square.
- Utilizes measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, and tape measurers to verify product quality.
- Loads and unloads raw material and completed product, at times with overhead hoist.
- May operate CNC machines that have been previously programmed.
- Performs and documents level 1 TPMs
- Works in a safe manner at all times, following all safety guidelines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or a minimum of six months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.