DESIGNER - ELECTRICAL
FULL TIME | Engineering
1 month ago
SUMMARY Converts electrical schematics to 1:1 scale prints for production of wire harnesses. Identifies design issues and coordinates with internal and external design engineers to clarify and resolve them. Creates Bill of Materials for wire harnesses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and design detailed drawings and specifications for electrical components and wire harnesses using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Lay out and draw schematic views to depict functional relationships of components, wires, and assemblies.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Production to modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Create Bill of Materials for wire harness production.
- Resolve Bill of Material issues.
- Consult with engineers and other resources to identify acceptable component substitutions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or six months to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Experience reading and interpreting wire harness schematics preferred.
COMPUTER SKILLS Ability to learn and use CAD and ERP systems. Experience with Word, Excel, Outlook.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions or designs to choose the most appropriate one. Ability to analyze needs and product requirements to create a design, including the ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.