PROJECT ENGINEER - CONTROL SYSTEMS
FULL TIME | Engineering
1 month ago
SUMMARY The Project Engineer responsible for Control Systems oversees the core design of machine control systems and electronics architecture. This position is responsible for analyzing and providing realistic recommendations on electrical components to ensure that the design meets the project goals, machine requirements, and customer needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the coordination and overall integration of control systems design activities for engineering projects.
- Collaborate with multiple internal product groups to manage design of machine control systems, user interface/displays, wire harnessing, and overall electronics architecture.
- Direct, review or approve product design changes related to control systems.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to finalize product specifications.
- Schedule, execute, and oversee testing of product design, operation, or repair of equipment.
- Support, supervise and assist Engineering and Assembly Technicians with all aspects of building and testing prototypes and production machines.
- Analyze production as well as field issues and create solutions.
- Perform and organize product updates.
- Communicate effectively and directly with dealers and customers to understand their needs & machine requirements.
- Develop bill of materials.
- Review, recommend or approve suppliers, manage supplier quality, product reviews, purchased items & cost estimates.
- Develop or implement policies, standards or procedures for engineering and technical work.
- Develop and evaluate engineering staff.
- Supervise assigned personnel in performance of their duties such that performance meets or exceeds expectations.
- Perform administrative functions, such as reviewing or writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing standards and purchasing materials or services.
- Support Design Engineers as needed.
- Follow safe design practices to prevent user injury and property damage.
- Develop, maintain, and review parts books/operations manuals of manufactured product.
- Travel up to 15% of the time.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has supervisory responsibilities over the Controls & Electrical group in Engineering.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s degree preferred with a major in Mechanical, Industrial, Agriculture or Electrical Engineering and/or combination of education and 5 years minimum experience. Experience required in software development using Danfoss Plus+1 Guide, C, C++, or similar PLC/logic-based programming languages. Understanding of robotics, automation, CAN J1939 Protocols, sensors, engines, and controls for hydraulic systems preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.