MACHINE SHOP | GROUP LEAD | 3RD
FULL TIME | 3RD SHIFT | Machine Shop
1 month ago
Under the supervision of the Machine Shop Area Manager, sets up, operates, and programs computer numerically controlled (CNC) equipment. Responsible for training employees on machining procedures, blueprint and process print reading. Helps set up machining stations with correct fixture, tooling and programing to allow operators to make quality parts. Ensures that safety and quality standards are met.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in recording documents
- Assists in quality, safety practices and maintaining a high level of employee morale in the area.
- Communicates production schedules to area employees.
- Studies and reads blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specification, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and set-up requirements.
- Selects proper fixtures, tooling, accessories and materials to be completed.
- Calculates and sets controls to produce quality parts in the most efficient manner.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications utilizing measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers and tape measures.
- Builds tooling and properly locates in machine.
- Develops, writes and edits programs for product completion.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Performs and documents level 1 TPMs and level 2 TPMs if required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
2 years’ related experience in a manufacturing environment and/or additional related education preferred.
Okuma Crown CNC Lathe with OSP 10L programming experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Programming Certificate
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.