SENIOR MACHINING SPECIALIST | GRINDER| 2ND
FULL TIME | 2ND SHIFT - MACHINE SHOP
Posted: 1 week ago
Sets up, operates, and programs computer numerically controlled (CNC) grinding equipment. Equipment may include, but is not limited to, ID Grinding, OD Grinding, Vertical Grinding, and Surface Grinding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Studies and reads blueprints, models, process sheets, sketches, drawings, manuals, specification, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and set-up requirements.
- Selects proper fixtures, tooling, accessories and materials to be completed.
- Calculates and sets controls to produce quality parts in the most efficient manner.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications utilizing measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers and tape measures.
- Builds tooling and properly locates in machine.
- Develops, writes and edits programs for product completion.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Performs and documents level 1 TPMs and level 2 TPMs if required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
5 years’ related experience in a manufacturing environment and/or additional related education preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.