PRODUCT SAFETY ENGINEER
FULL TIME | 1ST SHIFT - OFFICE
Posted: 1 week ago
The Product Safety Engineer identifies reasonably foreseeable misuses and product hazards for the purpose of implementing practical remedial measures using a wide range of safety engineering tools. The primary goal for this position is to reduce or eliminate risk of injury to product users and damage to equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess new product design for proper engineering, human factors and safety practices with consideration to standards and regulations.
- Review written product materials for safety content, accuracy and clarity.
- Evaluate and resolve safety matters concerning current and past equipment lines including, but not limited to, service bulletins, kits and safety alerts.
- Establish and implement internal product safety considerations and test acceptance criteria for Weiler products.
- Develop appropriate safety messages to be placed on machines, manuals and video materials.
- Manage recall process.
- Investigate and evaluate personal injuries, accidents and claims involving Weiler equipment.
- Serve as the company representative for product liability external investigations, workers compensation or court cases.
- Participate externally in development of global standards and regulations.
- Travel up to 10%, domestic and international.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar.
- 5-10 years experience in the design and operation of paving equipment or construction equipment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, write and comprehend documents and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to internal and external individuals and groups. Ability to artistically create safety sign graphics and write safety messages.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra and advanced statistical theory.
Proficient with Microsoft Office products. Working knowledge of SolidWorks and/or CAD software.
Knowledge of product safety standards, regulations and laws. Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems. Ability to anticipate and predict foreseeable misuse of equipment and hazard recognition for accident prevention. Ability to understand machine operations. Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public, dealers, customers and co-workers. Ability to provide accurate, professional and error-free documents.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.