MATERIAL HANDLER | 2ND SHIFT
FULL TIME - MACHINE SHOP
Posted: 5 days ago
Drives gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, elevating platform, or trailer hitch to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, materials or waste materials by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and operates controls of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids; boxes, products, or materials and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by operating lifting device (raising and lowering).
- Counts inventory on work floor and/or warehouse.
- Reads and follows routing directions on prints.
- Transports materials to workers as needed.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Fills fuel tank, or replaces liquefied gas tank.
- Inspects and documents forklifts for safety compliance daily.
- Designated forklift operators will label waste containers and transport 55-gallon drums to designated pickup area.
- Works in a safe manner at all times, following all safety guidelines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. One to three months related experience and/or training.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.