FULL TIME - PLANT
Posted: 1 month ago
Weiler is a heavy equipment manufacturer who engineers and manufactures products to fulfill the demands of contractors worldwide through our dealer network.
SUMMARY: This position develops and implements optimal cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Designs and develops manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related fixtures and tooling.
- Provides engineering support in production, investigating manufacturing problems. Determines root cause and makes appropriate changes.
- Develops, evaluates, improves and documents manufacturing processes.
- Analyzes manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancements of safety, quality, cost reduction, and throughput.
- Develops and implements process control techniques and procedures into the manufacturing processes.
- Collaborates with design engineering regarding product tooling and design to ensure effective production methods.
- Creates and maintains accurate documentation of tool and jig drawings, design concepts, shop orders, and concepts in accordance with the R&D and quality assurance functions.
- Works closely with all areas of manufacturing.
- Supports OSHA regulations and good manufacturing practices.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or any combination of experience and education that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience in manufacturing field required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of manufacturing concepts.
- Knowledge in plant layout and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Knowledge in the practical application of engineering science and technology in the production of materials, processes, quality control and costs.
- Ability to observe, receive and obtain information from all relevant sources.
- Ability of attention to detail and analytical thinking required.
- Must have very strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer and CAD Experience including Microsoft Office and Solid Works and AutoCAD.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.