GROUP LEADER | WELDING
FULL TIME | 3rd SHIFT - WELDING
Posted: 5 days ago
Under the supervision of the Welding Area Manager lays out, fits, tack welds and welds machines and fabricated steel according to blueprints and specifications. Responsible for training employees on welding procedures, grinding procedures and blueprint reading. Sets up welding stations with parts and fixtures. Helps ensure that quality and safety standards are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in recording documents.
- Assists in quality, safety practices and high level of employee morale within the area.
- Communicates production schedules to area employees.
- Sets up all jobs utilizing jigs/fixtures according to Weiler blueprints and process sheets.
- Tacks weld parts according to blueprints, fixtures and process sheets.
- Welds all jobs in any welding position according to blueprints and process sheets.
- Sets and operates cutting torch safely and efficiently.
- Reads and understands measuring devices such as a tape measure, weld fillet gauge, a level, square, protractor or angle finder.
- Operates a carbon air arc-gouging tool safely and proficiently.
- Operates a hand-held plasma arc-cutting torch safely and efficiently.
- May finish grinding applications using manual and power tools.
- Accesses computer to look up information (prints, BOM).
- Works in a safe manner at all times, following all safety guidelines.
- Responsible to oversee assigned plant departments if the Area Manager is absent.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 3-5 years’ related experience in a manufacturing environment and/or additional related education preferred.
- Welding certification from college or technical school preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.