GROUP LEADER | PAINT | 3RD
FULL TIME | 3RD SHIFT - PAINT
Posted: 1 week ago
Under the supervision of the Paint Area Manager, this position is responsible for training employees on painting procedures and safety procedures in the Paint Department which includes Wet Painters, Paint Prep and Helps ensure that quality and safety standards are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in quality, safety practices and high level of employee morale within the area.
- Communicates production schedules to area employees.
- Assist in recording documents on a daily basis for the Paint Department
- Train new employees on the proper practices of production painting
- Turns valves and observes gauges to set pressures and to control flow of paint to each spray paint booth.
- Turns sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate width and pressure of spray.
- Pulls trigger and directs spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish coat.
- Cleans paint from ceiling and walls of booth, conveyor hooks or grid, and from disks, cones, spray heads and hoses.
- Applies masking tape over parts and areas that are not to be coated.
- Cleans grease and dirt from product.
- Inspect parts prior to paint for surface defects scratches or dents in material.
- Cleans spraying equipment. Solvent with a greater than 100-degree Fahrenheit flash point must be used.
- Seals and prepares waste containers with designated painters’ labels.
- Works in a safe manner at all times, following all safety guidelines.
- Responsible to oversee the paint department if the Area Manager is absent.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.