FULL TIME | 1ST SHIFT - OFFICE
Posted: 6 days ago
The engineering manager plans, organizes and directs engineering to exceed customer expectations for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor, seek out and evaluate customer input relating to product design quality and guide engineering teams to correct issues.
- Monitor, seek out and evaluate production input relating to product design quality and guide engineering teams to correct issues.
- Develop engineering personnel, design tools, test equipment and shop equipment.
- Effectively manages, oversees and prioritize key projects, processes, data and analysis.
- Selects, trains and manages personnel.
- Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs.
- Manage development and quality of product owners, service and parts manuals.
- Responsible for engineering document quality and historical record retention.
- Occasional evening and weekend work as job duties require.
- Out of state and international overnight travel is expected.
This position manages various levels of engineers, service manager, technical writers and engineering technicians. Is responsible for the hiring and the performance management of the employees within these areas.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar.5-10 years experience in the design and operation of paving equipment or construction equipment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Requires excellent human relations, interpersonal and communications skills, particularly with customers, dealers and reporting personnel. Project management. Problem Solving/Analysis. Technical Capacity. Leadership.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.