FULL TIME | 1ST SHIFT - MACHINE SHOP
Posted: 4 days ago
The CNC Programmer programs computer numerically controlled (CNC) equipment. Equipment may include, but is not limited to, CNC Machining Center, CNC Lathes, CNC Press Brakes, CNC Grinding and Laser Plate Cut.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, writes and edits programs for product completion, both at the machine and off-line.
- Uses programming software to develop, write and improve machining processes and parts quality.
- Studies and reads blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specification, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and set-up requirements.
- Calculates and sets controls to produce quality parts in the most efficient manner.
- Builds tooling and properly locates in machine.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel or others to resolve machining problems.
- Works in a safe manner at all times, following all safety guidelines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two-year college or technical school and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Okuma Crown CNC Lathe with OSP 10L programming experience preferred.
Basic commands such as setting tabs, opening, closing files and simple formulas. Prior experience with a computer is required. AutoCad, Solid Works, Gibbs CAM, Excel and Intuitive are used to complete the tasks of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.