AREA MANAGER | MACHINE SHOP | 1ST
FULL TIME | 1ST SHIFT - MACHINE SHOP
Posted: 6 days ago
Manages all activities to safely manufacture quality products according to our customers’ schedules. Responsible for continuously improving safety, quality, productivity, communications, morale and training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Plans, assigns, and directs work.
· Responsible for quality, safety practices and a high level of employee morale within the area.
· Responsible for correcting product quality control issues.
· Responsible for plant production goals.
· Participates in the interviewing and hiring processes.
· Conducts employee performance reviews.
· Responsible for two-way communication with management and employees.
· Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
· Coordinates manufacturing activity with management.
· Performs area tasks as needed.
· Leads continuous improvement and 5S efforts, maintaining a clean and safe plant.
· Works in a safe manner at all times, ensuring all employees follow all safety guidelines.
Manages employees in the area of responsibility. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and costs related within this area. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment. Supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.