WET PAINT | 3RD
Full Time - Paint Department
Posted: 1 week ago
SUMMARY Sprays surfaces of machines and manufactured parts with primer, pre-finish and finish coats of paint by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Turns valves and observes gauges to set pressures and to control flow of paint to each spray paint booth.
- turns sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate width and pressure of spray.
- Pulls trigger and directs spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish coat.
- Cleans paint from ceiling and walls of booth, conveyor hooks or grid, and from disks, cones, spray heads and hoses.
- Applies masking tape over parts and areas that are not to be coated.
Cleans grease and dirt from product.
- Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain smooth surfaces.
- Cleans spraying equipment. Solvent with a greater than 100 degree Fahrenheit flash point must be used.
- Seals and prepares waste containers with designated painters’ labels.
- Works in a safe manner at all times, following all safety guidelines.
One-year certificate from college or technical school; and/or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Six months to one year related experience and/or training.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.