FULL TIME - ENGINEERING
Posted: 1 month ago
The Technical Illustrator develops parts books, designs and creates visual representations and technical instructions for Weiler equipment. They render illustrations for use in technical publications and manuals. The illustrator is required to develop parts book drawings, interpret solid models, prints and other documents.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Create drawings and diagrams to be placed in parts manuals or technical instructions.
2. Create technical illustrations using drawings from prints, solid models, existing parts books, vendor supplied drawings, digital diagrams or photographs. Edit and convert materials to be used in parts manuals and technical instructions.
3. Create illustrations that communicate the information concisely and accurately.
4. Illustrate the breakdown of machine components and assemblies into individual pieces, assign part numbers to individual pieces.
5. Enter new part numbers into ERP, complete input of item information.
6. Manage assigned projects.
7. Use computer programs to create illustrations.
8. Create PDF files used for the printing of parts books.
9. Organize and maintain all files relating to manuals.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: Ability to operate a personal computer and proficiently operate the software programs of Framemaker, Adobe Photoshop, basic AutoCAD, Solid Works, Adobe Illustrator and digital camera software components.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and proficiency in the operation of digital cameras.
- Ability to write detailed troubleshooting procedures using a logical, common sense approach.
- Knowledge of correct grammar, technical writing techniques, technical terms and manual styles.
- Demonstration of strong written communication skills; ability to understand and effectively communicate, through writing, technical information about equipment; ability to explain complicated information in simple terms that is easily understandable to readers.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness with customers and peers.
- Ability to understand how equipment works by observing and operating the equipment; ability to develop technical manuals based on observation and operation; knowledge in, and using the technical information available on the machine.
- Ability to work independently.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.