FULL TIME - OPERATIONS - PLANT
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Manage and direct production operations through a team of functional managers. Ensure safety while increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction by improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and machines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Direct and manage plant operations for production and quality.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with functional managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Monitors overall plant performance for production, quality and safety standards.
- Control and minimize labor overtime.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap.
- Ensures that current production standards are being met
- Directs the evaluation and improvement of production standards ensuring accuracy and relevance.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Participate in the interviewing and hiring processes. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure employee evaluation process is effective by providing timely and accurate feedback to both managers and production staff.
- Daily supervision of a team of managers.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 5 years’ experience of progressive manufacturing experience and responsibilities.
- Requires broad knowledge in a manufacturing environment; preferably in heavy equipment manufacturing.
- Background with manufacturing methods and process improvement programs.
Work effectively and relate well with others. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships. Thorough knowledge of all manufacturing methods and related equipment. Must have complete knowledge of production scheduling and shop operations. Must have strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations. Must be computer literate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.