FULL TIME - OFFICE
Posted: 1 week ago
The Cost Estimator is responsible for collecting and analyzing data to estimate the cost of manufacturing a product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain current material and labor cost rates. Complete cost analysis for new products, components and assemblies.
- Work with engineering, production and sales to cost existing weldments, assemblies and kits.
- Create and maintain costing records and report cost/price analysis.
- Maintain familiarity and working knowledge of bill of materials and routings.
- Audit and update existing costings, on manufactured parts, weldments and assembly.
- Conduct cost system reviews and margin improvement studies. Provide data to management and engineering to help manage the cost impact of engineering changes.
- Analyze cost variances and recommend corrective actions to improve those variances.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or comparable related business experience in a manufacturing industry preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.