COMPUTER NETWORK SUPPORT SPECIALIST
FULL TIME - OFFICE
Assist the System Administrator with desktop support, troubleshooting desktop hardware/software problems, and carrying out projects as assigned in an office and manufacturing environment. Properly document support, repair and activities performed daily. Assist in developing and providing standardized and customized reports from database. Perform routine maintenance of network, ensuring continuous connectivity for all users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support to users by diagnosing and correcting problems; perform installations, repairs, and preventative maintenance on staff computer equipment and peripherals.
- Develop and provide reports using available tools such as SQL, Microsoft Access, and database information.
- Monitor and ensure all computers are current on upgrades and endpoint protection.
- Monitor backup procedures and perform occasional recoveries as needed.
- Perform light administrative duties on network servers, including managing computers, users, and policy in Active Directory.
- Write basic SQL queries in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Revise .net forms for manufacturing software as needed.
- Perform upgrades and basic support for VOIP phone system
- Perform upgrades to manufacturing, engineering and other software as needed.
- Perform routine maintenance or standard repairs to networking components or equipment.
- Provide support related to networking or connectivity issues and identify any causes of networking problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment.
- Analyze network data to determine network usage, disk space availability, or server function.
- Install new hardware or software systems or components, ensuring integration with existing network systems.
- Assist in working with IT vendor on monthly maintenance and special projects.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for Internet, Intranet, and other technical environments.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- AA degree in computer science or a closely related field required.
- Knowledge of computer networking systems and computer hardware is required.
- One year of experience as a Computer Operator, Help Desk Technician or similar position preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.