CNC LATHE | MACHINING TECH | 2ND
FULL TIME | 2ND SHIFT - MACHINE SHOP
Posted: 1 week ago
This position is for 2nd shift Lathe Operator
Sets up and operates various machines requiring a higher level of understanding. Some pieces of equipment may be computer numerically controlled (CNC). Equipment may include, but is not limited to: CNC Press Brakes; CNC Machining Center; CNC Rollers; CNC lathes; plate cut; manual lathes; manual drills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Reads blueprints or process sheets for specification such as dimensions and tolerances,tooling instructions, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cuts, and cutting tools.
- Selects proper equipment, including tooling, fixtures and accessories, to complete the task.
- Adjusts machine settings to provide the best quality part with the greatest efficiency.
- Reads and understands measuring tools such as angle and degree square and tape measure.
- Utilizes measuring tools to verify product quality.
- Loads and unloads raw material and completed product, at times with overhead hoist.
- Will operate CNC machines that have been previously programmed.
- Performs and documents level 1 TPMs
- Works in a safe manner at all times, following all safety guidelines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED): Minimum of six months related experience and/or training.