AREA MANAGER | PAINT DEPARTMENT
FULL TIME - PAINT DEPARTMENT
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Manages all activities to safely manufacture quality products according to our customers’ schedules. Responsible for continuously improving safety, quality, productivity, communications, morale and training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work.
- Responsible for quality, safety practices and a high level of employee morale within the area.
- Responsible for correcting product quality control issues.
- Responsible for plant production goals.
- Participates in the interviewing and hiring processes.
- Conducts employee performance reviews.
- Responsible for two-way communication with management and employees.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Coordinates manufacturing activity with management.
- Performs area tasks as needed.
- Leads continuous improvement and 5S efforts, maintaining a clean and safe plant.
- Works in a safe manner at all times, following all safety guidelines.
Manages employees in the area. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and costs related within this area. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
3 to 5 years experience in a supervisory capacity in a manufacturing environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.